Kola – Helped Aug. 2017

Posted by on Aug 24, 2017 in Who We've Helped | Comments Off on Kola – Helped Aug. 2017

Kola – Helped Aug. 2017

THIS is what rope toys can do if they are ingested. Share so that others know to pick up toys unless playtime can be supervised. The first picture is him going home with his owner on Saturday after we assisted with ER surgery. The second picture is what was removed from Kola’s intestines. He isn’t out of the woods yet, as the vet had to surgically remove and suture 6 areas of his colon/intestines. Time will tell. Please share and maybe you will save a pet’s life. (Side note… same for cats and yarn. Just don’t do it!). Thank you so much Creekside Animal Clinic for your surgical care.

Update on 8/24/17: Unfortunately, sepsis set in, and Kola had to be humanely euthanized 🙁  Six incisions was a lot, but we were hoping for the best.